1868 — Chicago Congregational Church Stone, Chicago, IL
A gravestone dated 1595 was sent from the Delfshaven, Holland, Olde Kirke to be placed in the wall of this new church.
1881 — Scrooby Font, Wellington Avenue United Church of Christ, Chicago, IL
In 1881, Mr. William H. Bradley, who was a member of the New England Congregational Church in Chicago, was traveling to England. On that visit he met Lady Lowther who had knowledge of the Scrooby’s St. Wilfrid’s Church. It appears that some years earlier this church had been renovated and that while the base of the font now supported a newly designed bowl, the font itself was now unused and stored away. It struck Mr. Bradley that if he could acquire this historic font for the New England Church, it would serve as a fitting memorial to his daughter, Mary, and her two infant sons, all of whom had died recently before his trip to England. Lady Lowther made arrangements with Lord Houghton, the proprietor of the Scrooby estates, and with the Warden of the Scrooby Church. On March 1, 1882, Mr. Bradley formally presented the Scrooby font to the New England Church. On July 14, 1936, the building of the New England Congregational Church burned. The Scrooby font was saved from the fire and the Wellington Avenue Congregational Church was asked to be its custodian in order that "it may be conserved and used to the glory of God." The font was formally given to Wellington Church on February 25, 1942.
A plaque on the font reads: “BAPTISMAL*FONT / OF*THE*FOURTEENTH / CENTURY*FROM*THE / CHURCH*AT*SCROOBY*ENGLAND / NEAR*THE*MANOR*HOUSE*WHERE*THE / FIRST*CHURCH*OF*THE*PILGRIMS*WAS / FORMED*GIVEN*AUGUST*24*1881*BY*LADY / ISABELLA*L*H*LOWTHER*OF*WILTON*CASTLE / YORKSHIRE*TO*WILLIAM*H*BRADLEY*TO*BE / PLACED*IN*THE*NEW*ENGLAND*CHURCH*IN / MEMORY*OF*HIS*BELOVED*DAUGHTER / MARY*C*GRAY*WIFE*OF*WILLIAM / HARRISON*BRADLEY*AND* OF /WILLIAM*HENRY*AND*BRYSON*DELAVAN / THEIR*INFANT*SONS
1953 — Leiden Pilgrim Settlement Stone, Chicago Tribune Square, Chicago, IL
The citizens of Leiden sent a stone from the house occupied by Pastor John Robinson in 1609 in Leiden to the Chicago Tribune to be embedded in the walls of Tribune Square as part of a collection of famous stones. A similar stone was presented to the General Society in 1954. It arrived aboard the BOAC airliner Mayflower.