Follow

Pilgrim Memorials Around the World

1889 — Point Allerton, Hull, MA
Named for Pilgrim Isaac Allerton, Point Allerton U.S. Life Saving Station opened in 1889. The new U.S. Coast Guard Station Point Allerton opened at the edge of Hull Village near Pemberton Point in 1969. It was commissioned on April 18th, 1970 and is generally considered the home of Coast Guard Search and Rescue. Its history and traditions date back to the earliest days of the Massachusetts Humane Society when Captain Joshua James was the original Surfman and Station keeper for Point Allerton Station. Station Point Allerton is located in historic Hull, Massachusetts in the First Coast Guard District. It is one of the largest Stations in the Coast Guard and reports to Sector Boston.